Any traveller making a booking with Butterfly Tours’ service constitutes the acceptance of this agreement.
Online bookings must be made at least one day in advance for Day Tours. For tours longer duration tours such as Roaming Cambodia and Lost Adventures, and tours that incorporate homestays—as listed in With the Locals—a one week advanced notification period is required. Should you have an urgent booking enquiries, please e-mail Butterfly Tours at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once a tour booking has been made, Butterfly Tours will confirm your reservation within 6 hours. Please note that tour dates are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed until it has been confirmed by Butterfly Tours. If the tour date(s) is not available and an alternative date cannot be made, your tour deposit will be refunded in accordance with our refund policy.
All payments must be made in cash at the Butterfly Tours’ office or via online payment (credit card required) prior to your tour. If the full payment or deposit is not made, your tour may not proceed. We apologise for the inconvenience.
When booking our tours via our website, you must provide details of your name, gender, height, e-mail address, and contact number. This will enable us to communicate effectively with you and make the necessary arrangements for your tour.
All riders who sign up for our tours must have travel insurance that fully covers medical expenses, medical repatriation, personal liability, and injury. Please acknowledge that you possess you own travel insurance box when filling up our booking form.
If you sign up for our tour without adequate insurance, you may be refused your right of refund or may not be able to join our tour. All riders are solely responsible for their own travel insurance and should ensure that they are fully covered during the entire duration of the tour. Your tour leader may ask for a copy of your valid travel insurance prior to beginning your tour. This ensures the protection of both you and us.
Due to the physical nature of our trips, it is extremely important that you are of good physical health and therefore able to fully participate in group cycling. Prior to the start of your tour and at every trip stop during your tour, every rider is required to provide details of any pre-existing medical conditions or to inform the tour leader if he/she feels unwell. Disclosure of this information is extremely important so as to ensure that we can act effectively in the case of an emergency.
If you choose to cancel your tour with us due to unforeseen circumstances, both parties will have to agree with the following cancellation policies:
- Prior to the start of your tour, your booking must be confirmed by Butterfly Tours
- If you have booked our tour through a travel agent, hotel, guesthouse, or any of our partners, please bring the receipt of your payment to our office on the day of your tour
- If you are incapable of riding your bike or choose to quit halfway through the tour, your tour payment will not be refunded
- If you cannot continue riding for the full length of tour and you decide to return, you will have to cover the cost of your transportation fee
Long Duration Tours
- If cancellation is made more than 5 days before the date of departure, we will fully refund your deposit
- If cancellation is made less than 3 days before the date of departure, we will refund 50% of your deposit.
- If cancellation is made less than 24 hours before the date of departure, you will not be entitled to a refund
- Turning up late at the start of your tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation. You will not be entitled to a refund.
- No refund will be made should you voluntarily leave the tour early for any reason, including not being of adequate ability to ride a bicycle during the tour
In the unlikely event of a tour cancellation, Butterfly Tours will notify you of the changes at least 6 hours beforehand for a day tour, and 2 days ahead for a long duration tour. In such cases, a full refund will be made to you as soon as possible.
Butterfly Tours treat all complaints of any kind very seriously. Should you have any complains while on tour, you must notify your guide at the earliest opportunity. This ensures that your guide will be able to rectify the situation immediately. Failure to do so will result in limitations of a rider’s claim to any compensation(s). If complaints are not brought to our attention we have no opportunity to rectify it. Any complaints should be sent to us in writing, or by email, not more than 15 days after the tour ends.
Complaints related to tour bookings, inquires, billing, sales or operations must be directed to Butterfly Tours’ Tour Operator: email@example.com